Kid-friendly Healthy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
This Healthy Mac and Cheese recipe is from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and it’s a sensation!
It’s everything you could possibly imagine from a classic mac and cheese but without the high calories.
Totally delicious and bound to be a hit with the whole family (and a great way of sneaking some extra veggies in for the kids).
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||25 mins|
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup butternut pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 tsp smoked paprika optional
- 1 tbsp cornflour made into a paste with some water
- Roughly chop the cauliflower, carrot and pumpkin and place in a microwave safe jug, add the vegetable stock. Cover and cook in the microwave for 7 minutes until tender.
- In a food processor add the vegetable and stock mix and blitz until puréed.
- Transfer the purée mix to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, add the milk, garlic and tasty cheese and mix until the cheese has melted. Once melted, take the cornflour paste and mix in to thicken.
- Once ready, take half the sauce mixture and set aside, and leave the other half of the sauce in the saucepan.
- Cook the macaroni as per directions on packet.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, drain and add into the sauce in the saucepan, also add the Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and smoked paprika (optional)
- Mix through, and you can serve as is, or you can choose to put in a serving dish and cover with a little more cheese and bake until the top is golden
- * The half of sauce that has been put aside, can be frozen and used to make another batch. Just defrost in the fridge the night before. Once defrosted, heat in a small saucepan on the stove, and simply add cooked pasta
Recipe serves 6 kid-size servings at 295 calories per serve
Or serves 4 adults at 425 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is home to thousands of recipes to help busy mums lose the baby weight all while eating delicious, healthy meals.
You can find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.