Delicious Healthy Mexican Lasagna Recipe
This healthy and delicious version of a Mexican Style Lasagne is ideal when following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. It’s budget-friendly too at just $1.60 per serve!
PLUS get LIFETIME access to our Healthy Mummy app with over 4,500 recipes here
Try serving it with light sour cream, or a simple guacamole of avocado mashed up with lemon/lime juice and salt and pepper. On the side of the lasagne, you could serve a colourful salad of iceberg lettuce, diced tomato, diced red onion, diced red and yellow capsicum, grated carrot and cucumber.
This Mexican lasagne recipe is great for a dinner party – and your guests don’t need to know it’s healthy!
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 400 g premium beef mince
- 410 g can of salt reduced red kidney beans drained and rinsed well
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 2 medium onions finely diced
- 1 red capsicum finely chopped
- 400 g can salt reduced diced tomatoes
- 35 g sachet salt reduced taco seasoning
- 5 wholegrain wraps/tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion for a couple of minutes, then add 1 tbsp water (this takes away the need for any added oil) and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, and water has evaporated.
- Increase the heat to high and add the mince.
- Cook, stirring, until there are no lumps and mince is brown.
- Add grated carrot, chopped capsicum, red kidney beans, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning. Stir and then simmer for 10-15 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Lightly spray an oven safe dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the dish with 2 x tortillas, then half of the meat mixture, 1 x tortilla, the remaining meat mixture, 2 more tortillas, then sour cream. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Calories per serve: 575
Reduce the calories for our Mexican Lasagna to under 350 per serve by cutting it into 7 slices.
See how easy it is to make here
Find out what mums are saying about this recipe here.
For over 4,500 recipes that are family-friendly, delicious AND healthy, be sure to join us on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Think of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as the best value personal trainer, dietitian, meal planner, chef and motivational coach with DAILY support – that you have access to every day – without the high cost and all created JUST FOR MUMS.
Each month is DIFFERENT on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. EVERY MONTH you receive NEW 28 Days of FAMILY FRIENDLY customisable meal plans, daily exercise plans with videos and daily support. It’s also breastfeeding friendly.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been able to help thousands of mums lose more than three million kilograms (combined).