Home made takeaway: healthy Pad Thai Recipe
Thai food can sometimes have a bad reputation for being high in fat and sugar. A great way to indulge in your favourite foods without worry is to make a healthy pad thai version at home. This is a really simple and Healthy Pad Thai recipe that has all the flavour but none of the bad stuff and you won’t have to feel guilty if you add it to your plan on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Customise it to your own tastes (try prawns or tofu instead of chicken; or more chilli if you like it hot).
- 100 g rice noodles
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 200 g lean chicken breast sliced
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped
- 2 cups of your favourite vegetables such as onion, shallots, green beans, carrot, capsicum, snow peas, bean sprouts, baby corn
- 1 egg and 1 additional egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 limes 1 juiced and 1 quartered for serving
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet directions, then set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the eggs and move around the pan until they are just set. Place to one side.
- In the same pan, heat the rest of your oil. Add the garlic and chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until the chicken has browned slightly.
- Add the chilli and the vegetables. Steam the vegetables by pouring in ¼ cup of water.
- Stir in the oyster sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and noodles. Mix well until well combined, then add the cooked egg.
- Place in two bowls and serve with the additional lime wedges.
Calories per serve: 345
Want more recipes like the healthy pad thai recipe? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is home to thousands of recipes to help busy mums lose the baby weight all while eating delicious, healthy meals.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE. for more info don’t hesitate to contact us and we are all happy to help you with your healthy lifestyle plan.