Healthy Spring Snack: Frozen Apple Bites
These are super easy to make, just blitz and freeze! Ideal for when the kids need a quick snack and they’re frozen so you can use them to replace ice-blocks. Also perfect for mums when you’re following a healthy eating plan.
They taste fresh, sweet and refreshing due to being kept in the freezer and they’re more filling than you’d think.
Thank you to Healthy Mummy community member Shelley for another amazing creation!
- 1 medium apple any type
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon more if you love cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil liquified
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Peel and core apple. Cut into chunks and give it a quick blitz in your food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blitz until combined.
- Press mixture into small silicone moulds or a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Pop in the freezer to set (over night is best)
- Once frozen, pop out of moulds or slice into 10 pieces if you used a tray.
- Can be eaten straight from the freezer as the mixture does not freeze solid.
- Keep stored in the freezer.
79 calories each
Get more delicious FREE healthy recipes.