Finally: A healthy sticky date pudding!
Ah, healthy sticky date pudding, the rich, gooey, comforting, caramelly goodness of it! And today we have a recipe for you that is not only DELICIOUS but also free from refined sugars and dairy. Ideal to enjoy as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Special thanks to Kristie Bond for this incredible sticky date pudding recipe.
- 1.5 cups dates
- 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
Sticky date cake:
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper
- Cover the dates in boiling water and soak for 5 mins
- Drain, then blend the dates until a chunky paste is formed.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Either blend or beat into the date mixture
- Sift in flour and combine with mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan
- Bake for 20 mins or until skewer comes out clean and top springs back.
- While cake is baking, make the sauce!
- Bring coconut milk and coconut sugar to boil on stove, continuously stirring. Once it is boiling bring down to a simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in vanilla and coconut oil.
- Once sauce starts cooling down it will thicken.
- Warm the cake if needed and pour the caramel sauce over the cake.
This healthy sticky date pudding recipe serves 8 people at 240 calories per serve.
If you want to take the stress out of cooking, join the next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. We give you a meal plan with recipes for family-friendly breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks (and dessert!) for each day.
Have a healthy Christmas thanks to The Healthy Mummy Festive Cookbook
The Festive Cookbook is an absolute must-have this Christmas.
The eBook features everything from how to stay on track during the silly season to dos and don’ts on alcoholic beverages. The book also features a range of healthy yet delicious recipes including Starters, Sides, Mains, Desserts, Smoothies, Leftovers and Cocktails.
However, if you are more interested in accessing thousands of budget-friendly healthy recipes, a weekly meal plan in conjunction with daily exercise programs and workout videos then our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge may be for you.
Learn more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.