High Protein Honey Apple Quinoa Muffins
These muffins are delicious warm or cold, perfect for the kids after school or for you with a cup of tea for a mid-morning snack.
They’re a great snack while trying to lose weight on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Why not make a double batch and freeze in single portions to grab and go?
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄4 cup LSA
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sultanas or dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 cups rolled quinoa
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup apple or apricot puree
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine almond meal, LSA, baking powder, sultanas/cranberries and cinnamon.
- Fold in rolled quinoa and mix well to combine.
- Add yoghurt, eggs, olive oil, honey and apple and stir to form a thick batter.
- Allow batter to sit for 10 minutes.
- Line muffin tray with paper patty pans. Spoon batter into patty pans and sprinkle lightly with extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
250 calories each
For more incredible recipes like this one, join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.