Low Fat Hot Caramel Banana Creams
One of the most popular points about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is that the food is realistic, family friendly and that it includes yummy desserts too.
Just like this recipe for Hot Caramel Banana Creams – and you will love them!
A creamy, banana treat with a caramel top. Increase in quantities to serve to the whole family after dinner or to have as an easy to grab, healthy snack.
- 1 tsp maple syrup sugar free if possible
- 100 g Greek natural yoghurt, low fat
- 1 small banana
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut sugar/Natvia
- Preheat the grill.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Greek yoghurt and maple syrup.
- Halve the banana and mash one half of it, then add to the yoghurt mix and stir in well.
- Spoon the yoghurt mixture into a small heatproof ramekin and level out the top (the mix should come almost to the top of the dish).
- Thinly slice the remaining banana and arrange on top of the yoghurt mixture in the ramekin.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds on medium. Brush the melted oil over the top of the banana slices and sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Place the dish under the grill so that the top is about 3cm from the heat and grill for approximately 1-2 minutes or until the sugar spread is melted.
- You can eat this straight away or leave for a few minutes, by which time the sugar topping will have hardened into a firm caramel.
Recipe serves 1 at 190 calories per serve
For more healthy meal and snack recipes, join thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.