Kid-approved Healthy Pizza Scrolls
If you’re looking for a nutritious, delicious and vegetarian friendly recipe to try then look no further than these quick and Healthy Vegetarian Pizza Scrolls. These yummy scrolls have been given the tick of approval by our Healthy Mummy Kids!
Cheese and bacon and other ‘pizza’ type rolls and scrolls are always popular with the kid crowd but aren’t always the healthiest option. By making these scrolls from scratch, you eliminate the nasties and up the veggie content, making them perfect for the whole family.
At the Healthy Mummy, we love taking traditional recipes and tweaking them to create a healthier version that’s just as delicious! It’s why we include plenty of favourites in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
While we’ve included a number of wholesome toppings in the recipe below, feel free to tweak it to make it your own. Add a variety of different veggies or fresh herbs and mix up the cheese for an ever changing, tasty snack or light lunch.
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano fresh or dried
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup light tasty cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and Greek yoghurt until it comes together to form a ball. If the dough is too sticky, add a little extra flour.
- Tip dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until dough feels soft and stretchy.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll dough out to a rectangle (approximately 30 x 20 cms).
- Spread tomato paste over the dough, top with oregano, baby spinach, capsicum, red onion and grated cheese.
- Roll the dough up as tightly as possible horizontally, so that you end up with a long sausage shape.
- Slice in to 16 pieces and arrange on the baking tray, cut side up, approximately 2 cms apart.
- Bake for 10-15 mins or until lightly golden.
Recipe makes 16 scrolls with 85 calories per serve.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?