Fibre-rich Korean-style veggie rice bowl
Don’t spend your hard-earned cash at a Korean restaurant when you can make a super healthy version at home.
This delicious rice bowl dinner is filling as it’s packed with healthy veggies and the goodness of brown rice.
Feel free to tweak this 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipe depending on what vegetables you have on hand. You could also add some leftover cooked chicken or beef if you have some.
We love Asian inspired meals on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Join today to access recipes such as Asian Prawn Noodle Salad, Crab Cakes or San Choy Bow.
- 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 tsp tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup Sauerkraut
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp black or white sesame seeds
- Cook rice according to packet directions. Add tamari to the rice and stir through to combine.
- Heat half of the sesame oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Place tamari rice in a bowl with the onion and mushroom mixture on top in one section. Place carrot, bean sprouts and sauerkraut in other sections of the bowl. Heat the remaining sesame oil in the pan or wok and fry the egg for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Place egg on top of the rice and veggie bowl and sprinkle everything with sesame seeds to serve.
438 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.