Lean & Tasty Chicken Burger
We all love eating burgers but we also know that these dishes are contrary to our lose weight diet plan. However, it’s hard to stay away from these yummy meals. So we advise you to simply replace their main ingredients, with healthy alternatives in their cooking method. Doing this would give you a dish that you will surely love, without feeling the guilt afterwards.
Below is our version of low fat, lean ground chicken, transformed into a flavourful patty, grilled (not fried) to be part of your weight loss diet. This is one of our many weight loss recipes that are perfect for a family.
When cooking, always remember that chicken burgers are a bit more temperamental than beef, as they have way less fat and can dry out if overcooked. To achieve a juicy, flavourful burger, it is important to season and marinates your patties properly using a steak sauce, and then cook them in slow fire.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 2 scallions sliced thin
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste for seasoning
- 4 - 6 whole grain burger buns
- 4 - 6 slices cheese your choice (i.e. swiss, american, gouda, cheddar)
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, sliced scallions, bread crumbs and egg.
- Season generously with Italian seasoning or steak sauce. Remember to go easy on the salt. Add a few twists from the pepper mill and mix again.
- Form the mixture into patties depending on the sizes you want. Make sure that the patties are well flattened to give allowance when they puff on the griller. A slimmer pattie is also advisable to allow them to cook evenly and properly.
- Place the patties on a preheated medium-hot grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or just until the juices run clear when lightly pressed on. Top with cheese and close grill for one minute to melt.
- Place the buns on the grill for 30 seconds on each side to warm. Place one burger on each bun and top as you see fit.
Servings: 4 to 6 burgers