Delicious Lemon And Date Oat Biscuits
Pregnancy is sometimes filled with cravings for all types of food. When you’re craving something sweet it’s a good idea to choose a healthier option than a packet of lollies.
These lemon and date oat biscuits are a great option when following a healthy pregnancy eating plan as they don’t contain any refined sugar.
Make a batch and store in an air tight container in the pantry so you can grab one with a cup of herbal tea for a healthy, filling snack.
Recipe thanks to Nikki Boswell, Nutritionist.
- zest and juice from ½ a lemon
- 100 ml water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup dates pitted and chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place lemon juice, zest, water, coconut, honey and chia seeds in a mixing bowl and whisk together. Add oats and dates and mix together. Allow to sit for a few minutes to allow mixture to thicken.
- Squeeze together 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture, press flat to shape into biscuits and place on the baking tray.
- Once all biscuits are arranged on the tray bake in pre-heated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until just golden.
110 calories per biscuit.
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.