Lunch box friendly healthy banana yoghurt muffins
Swap pre-packaged, processed foods for wholesome, homemade alternatives, like these delicious banana muffins!
On the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, you get access to heaps of delicious baked treats like these, great for kids and adults!
These healthy eating banana muffins combine ripe bananas (organic if you have them) with buckwheat flour for protein, oats for slow burning energy, omega 3 rich chia seeds and yoghurt for calcium and healthy fat. Sweetness comes from honey, as opposed to sugar, while cinnamon and vanilla essence add extra flavour without calories.
- 2 cups buckwheat flour you could also use wholemeal or spelt flour available in the health food aisle
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup natural or greek style low fat yoghurt
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp chia seeds optional
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Olive oil or butter for greasing the muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir well
- In a smaller bowl, mix eggs, honey, olive oil, yoghurt and vanilla
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well
- Add mashed bananas and gently fold through (it's ok if the mixture is a little lumpy)
- Use olive oil or butter to grease the cups of a muffin tray
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tray
- Place in the oven and allow to cook for 20-30 minutes
- Test that they are fully cooked by gently inserting a skewer into one of the muffins before removing from the oven
- Set aside to cool before serving
Calories per muffin - 160
Enjoy our delicious banana muffins recipe!