Lunchbox Friendly Banana & Date Cookies
Here’s a nut free cookie that is perfect for school lunch boxes and for the whole family.
Using seeds instead of nuts means you still get the benefit of fibre and protein, and the cookies are sweetened with dates and banana instead of white sugar.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we recommend three main meals and 2-3 snacks per day.
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 banana medium
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut desiccated or shredded
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15 minutes then drain.
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blitz all ingredients together until well combined.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture onto tray and form a cookie shape.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack.
101 calories each
Why not join us on our next challenge, and get access to other delicious member-only cookie recipes like Walnut Choc Chip Cookies, Spicy Ginger Cookies and even Fruit Cake Cookies.
Thanks to Healthy Mummy community member Shelley Robb for sharing this yummy recipe with us.