Easy Marinated Fish & Chunky Vegetable Skewers
Fish can often be a challenge with children and husbands. Turn that challenge around with these easy, delicious marinated fish skewers that are a hit with family members of all ages.
Fish, especially oily fish like salmon, is a great addition to a weight loss and healthy eating plan like the 28 day challenge as it is high in omega 3 fatty acids.
Aim for 2 serves of fish per week to obtain all the health benefits.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 8 wooden skewers
- 4 120 gram pieces of salmon cut in half (or your fish of choice)
- 1/2 orange squeezed
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 4 tsp mild paprika
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, diced, seeds removed
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cut the fish fillets in half so that you have 8 pieces of fish (roughly 60 grams each).
- Chop up the coriander and mix it with the paprika and orange juice.
- Rub the fish with the seasoning and let it marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- When ready, skewer the fish pieces, along with the vegetables, through the thickest part to make a skewer.
- BBQ or grill the skewers for around 5 minutes on each side.
- Let them sit before serving.
Approx. 220 calories per serve.
Serve with a delicious green salad or some brown rice.
For more healthy recipes like this, join thousands of other mums on our 28 Day weight loss Challenge and lose weight the healthy way.