20 minute vegetarian Mexican zucchini boats
For a tasty, budget-friendly meal in under 20 minutes, try these Mexican vegetarian or Mexican zucchini boats.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Charlene shared this great snap of her meal on the Healthy Mummy Food Lovers Group on Facebook.
Charlene served them with extra salsa on the side. She says they’re “Yum! And so filling!
“Instead if discarding the middle I just steamed in the microwave for a minute and added to the salsa…waste not want not.”
Keep your meal and snack pics coming, we love seeing the challenge recipes being made by real mums! like these vegetarian Mexican recipes.
Love Mexican food? The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has stacks of Mexican inspired recipes, including nachos, quesadillas, rice bowls and burritos.
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 240 grams kidney beans tinned
- 1/2 cup corn kernels fresh or tinned
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt
- 1/2 avocado diced
- Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Slice the zucchini lengthways and scoop the centre out of each half to make a well in the middle. Discard the centre seeds/flesh.
- Place zucchini halves on a lined baking tray, skin-side down.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the drained kidney beans, corn, coriander, tomato, red onion and lime juice.
- Remove zucchini from oven, fill the centre wells with the salsa mixture and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until filling is warmed through.
- Top each zucchini boat with yoghurt and avocado to serve.
385 calories per serve
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.