Nut Free Chia Oat Cookies Just 130 Calories
Here’s a delicious cookie that is perfect for morning tea or to pop in the lunch box for school. This recipe doesn’t contain any nuts so is ideal for families with allergies.
The sweetness of the dates means you don’t need to add any white sugar. You can have these cookies done and cooling on the rack in under 20 minutes.
Thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, thousands of mums are losing weight while enjoying delicious recipes like this.
Join us on the next challenge, and you’ll have access to hundreds of recipes (with new ones each month). Find out more HERE.
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blitz dates until they start to break down and become sticky.
- Add oats, chia seeds, vanilla and cinnamon then blitz until combined.
- Form into rectangles or balls, place onto tray then add 4 chocolate chips to the top of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
130 calories per cookie