Lunchbox Friendly Orange And Coconut Cookies
These nut free cookies are perfect for afternoon tea but also work well in a lunchbox for the kids.
Buying cookies from the supermarket will normally mean that there are large amounts of sugar in each one – but these homemade cookies are sweetened with a small amount of honey instead, making them a much better option.
Making your own cookies doesn’t need to be hard or time consuming. Anyone can do it! As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, you will have access to tasty cookie recipes such as our Pistachio and Oat Biscuits, Berry Jam Drops or the ever-popular Gingerbread Stars.
Have you thought about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge? Each month our weight loss challenges are themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 small orange zested
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine flour, coconut and orange zest.
- Add egg, honey, coconut oil and water and mix until well combined.
- Place tablespoons of mixture onto lined tray and cook in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
71 calories per cookie