TOO EASY! These Peanut Butter & Banana Pies Use ONLY Common Household Ingredients!
Peanut Butter and Bananas go together like, well, Peanut Butter and Jelly… YUM!
This delicious Peanut Butter and Banana Pie recipe makes 6 delicious and snack-able pies. And we can’t decide what the best part is… because they are HEALTHY and DELICIOUS and only use 5 INGREDIENTS that can commonly be found in your fridge and pantry. PLUS, because you’re making use of things you already likely have on-hand that makes them BUDGET friendly, to boot.
Make them gluten-free by swapping out the pastry or vegan-friendly by using a dairy-free cream cheese alternative.
Straight from the 5 Main Ingredients, August 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Where you can find HEAPS of delicious 5 Ingredients recipes for meals, snacks and desserts.
|Prep Time||260 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- Cooking oil for spraying
- 5 sheets filo pastry (100g)
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese (130g)
- 2 ripe small bananas (180g)
- 1 tbsp Nativa (16g)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (96g)
- 1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder (8g)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly spray 6 holes of a muffin tray with cooking oil spray.
- Lay a sheet of filo pastry on the bench-top and spray lightly with cooking oil. Top with another sheet of filo and lightly spray that sheet. Continue to layer the filo sheets with cooking oil spray in between, until all five sheets are layered.
- Cut the filo stack into 6 squares and place each square into the prepared muffin tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy and golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Make the filling by placing cream cheese, bananas, Natvia and peanut butter into a food processor and pureeing until well combined.
- Spoon an even amount of the filling into each filo cup and chill in the fridge for approximately 4 hours or until firm.
- Sprinkle a little cacao/cocoa powder over the top of each pie to serve.
- One pie is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Only 200 calories per serve.
Are you ready to kick-start your weight loss with more delicious recipes?
Want to shift your weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily?
That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
What do you get? You get access to:
- 28 days of at-home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding-friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
Find out more about joining the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.