Protein Rich 4 Ingredient Almond Bread Recipe
Wondering what to have for morning tea or with your cuppa? Why not give this healthy and protein-rich Almond Bread Recipe a go? Traditional almond bread and biscotti recipes are usually packed with white sugar, refined white flour and other less than ideal ingredients.
This healthier version of Almond Bread Recipe uses fibre rich wholemeal flour, eggs, almonds and either coconut sugar or Natvia for a sweet treat that you can enjoy while still staying on track.
At the Healthy Mummy, we love creating sweets and desserts that you can enjoy while still reaching your weight loss goals. It’s why we include plenty of tasty treats and desserts in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 1 cup wholemeal flour gluten free flour can also be used
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar Natvia can also be used
- 3/4 cup whole almonds skin on
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Carefully whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add in sugar or sweetener of choice until cup is empty.
- Gently fold in flour and almonds.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour in batter.
- Place in oven and cook for 40-50 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool then wrap in aluminium foil. Leave for a day to harden.
- Cut into 10 thin slices and place on a baking tray. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes before turning and cooking for another 5 minutes. Once brown take out and leave to cool on rack before eating or storing in an airtight container in the pantry.
Recipe makes 10 serves with 138 calories per serve.
For more sweet treats and desserts that are healthy too, join 10,000 other mums in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Want more Healthy recipes like this Almond Bread Recipe? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 4,500 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you’re looking for more easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 3,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now