Pumpkin, shallot, feta and spinach quiche
For a healthy snack, or a light meal, these veggie packed quiches are ideal. Feel free to tweak the recipe depending on what veggies you have on hand. It’s also a great vehicle for leftover roasted or steamed veggies from last night’s dinner.
We love egg based meals on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as the protein keeps you fuller for longer (plus they taste great).
As a member of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you’ll have access to other egg-based recipes such as a Corn and Feta Frittata with Salsa, Healthy Eggs Benedict or Baked Mexican Eggs.
- Olive oil spray
- 65 grams pumpkin diced into small cubes
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 2 shallots finely sliced
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 80 grams feta diced
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Spray a frying pan with olive oil spray and bring to a medium heat.
- Add diced pumpkin and cook (turning occasionally) until pumpkin is golden and soft (around 5 minutes).
- Add spinach and shallots and cook, continuously stirring, until spinach is wilted, then remove from the heat and set aside (this should take less than 2 minutes).
- Whisk eggs, cream and salt and pepper together.
- Fold through the feta then add the pumpkin, spinach and shallots.
- Spray a silicone muffin tray with olive oil spray then spoon in the mixture.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
131 calories each
Want to access thousands of healthy meals like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.