Roast lamb with mint pesto
Everyone will love digging into this traditional, seasoned lamb leg roast recipe with delicious mint pesto. Serve with some vegetarian side dishes, simply steamed vegetables or a salad.
It’s perfect for a family get-together or celebration over Easter, as this slow roast leg of lamb recipe serves 6. Or enjoy the leftovers the next day on a sandwich or homemade pizza.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access thousands of healthy recipes that the whole family will love.
- 1500 grams lamb leg roast
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Combine lemon zest, garlic, thyme and 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub over the lamb. Season with salt and pepper and place on a rack in a baking dish.
- Cut onion into wedges and arrange around lamb, pour water into base of the pan. Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- While lamb is roasting, make the pesto. Place mint, almonds, lemon juice and Parmesan in a food processor until roughly chopped. With the processor running, drizzle in remaining oil in a thin, steady stream. Process until combined. Transfer to a bowl, cover and place in fridge.
- Remove lamb from oven, cover loosely with foil for 15 minutes before slicing and serving with the pesto and onions.
455 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes like this lamb roast recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge! With our help and guidance, you can sure of the best result for your healthy lifestyle, so so don’t hesitate to join here at The Healthy Mummy!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge click here HERE.