Summer Rocket, Avocado and Almond Salad
For a delicious salad to serve for lunch or as a side at your next BBQ, this rocket salad is ideal.
Packed full of leafy greens, the good fats of avocado and almonds, and the sweetness of dried cranberries – this healthy salad looks great and has loads of flavour.
Feel free to add even more greens to the mix – you could try adding sliced cucumber, capsicum, asparagus, or snow peas.
- 3 cups rocket or try baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and finely sliced lengthways
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or any nuts you have on hand
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing by combining the oil, lemon juice and mustard. Set aside.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a salad bowl and drizzle with the dressing.
- Season to taste and serve.
This recipe serves 4 people at 275 calories per serve.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.