Light And Fresh Thai Beef And Mango Salad
Summer’s mangoes make a deliciously sweet addition to any meal, and here they are paired perfectly with the spicy beef and the creamy avocado. Enjoy our Thai beef mango salad recipe!
Mango tastes so delicious that often we forget how good it is for us. But there are so many reasons to get stuck into these golden fruits (see below). They form a big part of the summer recipes in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 400 g lean sirloin steaks
- 1 mango peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced into chunks
- 200 g bag mixed leaf salad
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- fresh ginger thumb sized, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- Olive oil spray
- Place the steak in a shallow bowl and pour over the fish sauce and sesame oil, add some pepper to taste.
- Heat a frying pan over medium to high heat and spray with the olive oil spray.
- Cook the steaks until done to your liking, cover, and then set aside to rest.
- Divide the salad leaves onto four plates, topping with the mango, red onion and avocado.
- Make the dressing by combining the lime, ginger, garlic, chilli and honey.
- Place the steaks onto a chopping board and carve thick slices. Add these to the tops of the salad.
- Pour over the dressing and finish off with some extra salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe serves 4 at 343 calories per serve
Benefits of eating mango
1. It can prevent cancer – due to its antioxidant compounds. It can protect against colon, breast, leukaemia and prostate cancers.
2. Helps to reduce cholesterol – due to the fibre content
3. Gives you clear skin – mango is rich in beta-carotene, a form of Vitamin A that acts as an antioxidant
4. Full of Vitamin A – one cup of mango gives you 25% of your daily requirements, which means your eyes will be well looked after
5. Low GI – so it won’t spike your sugar levels
6. Improves digestion – which means it will get things moving
7. Vitamin boost – they contain Vitamins B, C and E, plus 25 different carotenoids to keep your immune system in good shape