Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn
If you are following a healthy eating plan such as the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, you will love this sweet and salty treat.
Our Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn recipe is perfect as an after dinner snack, and works as a mid-afternoon treat for the whole family.
Be sure to use good quality dark chocolate for this recipe (at least 70% cocoa) as it is much better for you.
With just 25g of chocolate per serving, you can enjoy a sweet treat while still being focused on healthy eating.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or you could use olive oil
- 1/3 cup raw popcorn kernels
- 100 g good quality dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp salt use more or less salt to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan with a lid over medium heat.
- When the oil is warm, pour in the kernels and place the lid on.
- Shake to ensure the oil covers each kernel.
- Once the popping has slowed right down, remove from the heat.
- Place popcorn into a large baking tray (with sides) that is covered in baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on med/high, checking regularly so that it doesn’t burn.
- It is ready when you can stir it and it is quite runny.
- Pour chocolate over the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Add the salt to taste and allow the chocolate to harden up on the popcorn at room temperature for around an hour.
- If serving to kids it’s a great idea to place some cupcake liners into a muffin tray and fill those with popcorn before allowing it to come to room temperature.
- Otherwise, once hardened slightly, place in a giant bowl to share, or 4 smaller bowls for some portion controlled fun.
Serves 4 at 240 calories each
For more healthy meal and snack recipes, join thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.