Santa Hat Chocolate Cake
Who says festive recipes have to be unhealthy?! Not us!
These Santa Hat Chocolate Cakes are super quick and easy to make. Made with whole food ingredients and minimal sugar, they’re also nut free, making them perfect for little ones lunchboxes or to take to a class party.
Want more festive baking recipes? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge have access to loads of recipes like healthy Santa hats, guilt free trifle and more! YUMMO!
- 2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 125 g light cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 6 strawberries halved
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place all cake mixture ingredients into mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour cake mixture into lined 20x30cm slice tin.
- Spread mixture evenly across tin before baking for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool before slicing into 12 pieces.
- Whisk cream cheese, vanilla essence and maple syrup in small bowl.
- Place halved strawberry in the centre of each piece.
- Place cream cheese mixture into a piping bag and pip a line across the base of the strawberry and a dot at the top of the strawberry.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Makes 12 pieces at 150 calories per piece
Want more healthy options this Christmas? Grab our Christmas and Entertaining Cookbook!
With over 150 healthy festive recipes, The Healthy Mummy’s Christmas and Entertaining Cookbook can help you cook up a storm this Christmas.
This cookbook contains impressive Christmas menus, delicious starters and yummy and creative snacks. Learn more about our Healthy Mummy Christmas and Entertaining Cookbook.
However, if you are more interested in accessing thousands of budget-friendly healthy recipes, a weekly meal plan in conjunction with daily exercise programs and workout videos then our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge may be for you.