4 ingredient spinach and ricotta stuffed chicken recipe
When you are using good quality food for your meals, you can keep things simple with minimal ingredients. This stuffed chicken recipe has just four key requirements – chicken, spinach, ricotta, and parsley.
It’s perfect to enjoy as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – but the family will enjoy it too. Pair it with your favourite sides for a healthy and nutritious meal.
- 200 g baby spinach
- 1 cup low fat ricotta
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 small chicken breasts
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place your spinach in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for one minute before draining and rinsing under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Squeeze out any excess water and finely chop the spinach.
- Place in a bowl with the ricotta and parsley and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take each chicken breast and cut a deep pocket into the side. Stuff with the mixture and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and spray with olive oil.
- Cook the chicken for two minutes on each side, until golden.
- Transfer to the baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite sides such as steamed broccolini and roast potato.
Recipe serves 4 at 385 calories per serve without sides
Want more Healthy recipes? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy-to-make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 6,000 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.
Are you ready to become a Healthy Mummy?
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 3 million kg between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now