5 ingredient steak with beetroot, walnut and feta salad
Here’s a superb low carb meal that is tasty and so easy to prepare. With just five main ingredients, you can have this healthy meal prepared and served in around 15 minutes. This beetroot and feta salad recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A massive thanks to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Member, Courtney Trotter, for this amazing pic of the 5 ingredient steak with beetroot, walnut, and feta salad!
- 300 grams lean beef
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 baby beetroots tinned
- 2 cups rocket lettuce
- 2 tbsp reduced fat feta crumbled
- 2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Bring the steak to room temperature before cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat and add steak. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Can also be cooked on a preheated barbecue plate. Once steak is cooked, remove from heat and set aside to rest.
- Prepare the salad by draining the beetroots and chopping in half.
- Place rocket on a serving bowl and top with beetroot, crumbled feta and walnuts. Drizzle with balsamic.
- Once steak has rested, slice and place on top of salad to serve.
398 calories per serve.
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of NEXT month’s challenge HERE.