Sticky Five Spice Chicken To Feed A Crowd
If you are looking for a healthy dinner that will please your family and friends, tastes great, and fits in with your 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge meal plan then look no further! introducing this five spice chicken recipe.
This Sticky Five Spice Chicken dish is a great option and is packed full of flavour and nutrition – it will quickly become a must-have on your weekly meal plan.
It can also be prepared in advance and served up for a quick and easy dinner.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1.5 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- In a glass or plastic bowl combine all of the ingredients (except the chicken) and stir well to combine.
- Place the chicken drumsticks into the marinade mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate the chicken mixture for 4-6 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place the chicken and marinade in a roasting tray and place into the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through. Turn pieces regularly to baste in the marinade.
- Once cooked, serve with wedges of lemon and your choice of sides such as brown rice, broccoli or baked sweet potato.
Serves 6 at 350 calories per serve excluding side dishes.
For more healthy recipes (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?