Bite-sized Sweet Potato Muffins even fussy kids will enjoy
These bite-sized muffins make a perfect on the go snack that even fussy eaters will enjoy. A delicious way to sneak extra veggies into your kid's day.
These bite-sized muffins will make the perfect on the go snack for adults or little people. As an added bonus, they are a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your kids.
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre, vitamins and minerals. Why not add these mini muffins to your meal plan on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for next week? Thank you to mum Ash for this fantastic low-calorie recipe using only six ingredients.
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 cup raw sweet potato chopped into cubes
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 30 g dark chocolate melted
- Preheat oven at 160C
- Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with olive oil
- Put sweet potato in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 min, until softened
- Once cooked, place in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Place all ingredients including sweet potato in a bowl, and mix together
- Place a heaped teaspoon in each of the mini muffin holes
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Let the muffins cool before removing from the tin
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate to serve
Recipe makes 24 mini muffins at 35 calories per muffin
Join thousands of mums on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge TODAY!
For more family-friendly healthy meal and snack recipes, join thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.