Thai Style Chicken and Pumpkin Laksa
This recipe provides all the mouth watering flavour of dining out but in a healthy homemade version so you know exactly what ingredients have been used.
You can have this Thai pumpkin soup recipe prepared and served in under half an hour, so it’s perfect for a midweek meal.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we love giving you recipes for your favourite take aways with a healthy twist. Think hamburgers, fish and chips, and pizza – all made to help you lose weight.
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.
- 1 tbsp laksa paste store-bought
- 80 grams wide rice noodles
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 cups pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 200 mls reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 cup liquid vegetable stock salt reduced
- 200 grams chicken breast fillets
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- Cook the noodles as per pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in non-stick fry pan or wok and add the laksa paste, stirring over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk and stock, and simmer for 10 minutes. Thinly slice the chicken, add to the pan and simmer for a further 2 minutes (or until cooked through). Stir through lime juice.
- Place noodles in a soup bowl, pour laksa over the top. Top laksa with bean sprouts, basil and mint leaves to serve.
407 calories per serve.
For more delicious, healthy and family friendly meals check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.