Healthy homemade Vietnamese beef pho noodle soup
The next time you get a craving for a steaming bowl of Vietnamese Beef Pho Soup Recipe, this is your go-to recipe.
Beef Pho is a traditional Vietnamese soup dish, made from an aromatic broth, fresh herbs, noodles, vegetables and of course beef.
Depending on the region it is from, most pho recipes are all slightly different, with some common core ingredients.
Pho contains the health benefits of vitamins (think A, B, C and D), and minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, niacin, iron, calcium, potassium and manganese.
We’ve been sure to keep the recipe true to its healthy roots, meaning we recommend you use:
- a salt reduced stock to avoid overdoing it on the sodium
- lean, trimmed beef fillets to avoid excess fat
- fresh herbs and spices for their antioxidant properties
- 1.5 L beef stock (salt reduced)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 limes juiced, plus
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 400 g clear bean thread noodles
- 600 g beef fillet excess fat trimmed
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2-4 small fresh red chillies thinly sliced
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- Olive oil spray
- Combine beef stock, cinnamon and star anise in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
- Cook noodles in a large pan of boiling water until just tender, then drain well.
- Slice beef into thick slices.
- Heat a char grill pan on high, spray with olive oil.
- Cook the beef in batches to your liking.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls and top with bean sprouts, green onion, chilli, basil and beef.
- Pour over the hot stock and serve with extra lime and chilli if desired
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 352
Want more Healthy recipes like this Beef Pho Soup Recipe? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make snacks and meals you can tuck in to.
With over 4,500 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight Start your Healthy Mummy Journey Today.