Lunch box-friendly zucchini and cheese arancini ball recipe
These Lunchbox Friendly Zucchini and Cheese Arancini balls recipe is a great lunchbox item for the whole family and you can make them ahead of time.
This Arancini balls Recipe is a great lunchbox item for the whole family and you can add your favourite flavour combinations to suit everyone.
You can make the arancini balls ahead of time and store them in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Enjoy a couple as a healthy snack, or serve 4 with a crisp side salad for a tasty lunch.
Lunches are never dull on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge with recipes such as Thai Beef Noodle Salad, Easy Pizza Wraps and Black Bean Burrito Bowls and much more healthy and delicious recipe awaits you.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup arborio risotto rice uncooked
- 2 small zucchini grated
- 1 cup liquid vegetable stock salt reduced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely diced
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese grated
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in saucepan, add the rice and zucchini and stir for a few minutes.
- Add stock and simmer over a low heat for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through, adding water if required, so the rice doesn’t dry out.
- Stir through chives and cheeses, then allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a tray with baking paper.
- When rice mixture is cool enough to handle, roll into 16 balls about the size of golf balls and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place balls on the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- Four balls is one serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days to reheat or serve cold.
335 calories per serve