Cya cellulite! How to target your cellulite with what’s in your kitchen cupboard
Cellulite, something we as women can’t avoid but can manage! So what can be done?
Healthy Mummy nutritionist, Cheree says there are actually quite a few techniques we can do in our own HOMES that will help target cellulite.
From exfoliating to dry brushing, wraps and scrubs, these will all increase blood flow and lymphatic circulation.
Check out these nutritionist-approved recipes for anti-cellulite below!
Who knew rice flour would come in handy!?
Stimulating circulation is one way to say “see ya” to cellulite.
“By increasing circulation you can stimulate metabolism and help remove toxins. We all want smooth supple skin, and by taking care of our largest elimination organ, we can get rid of the dimples and promote silky soft skin,” Cheree says.
When self-massaging to stimulate the circulation, Cheree advises to start at your hands and feet, and use gentle circular motions, working inwards.
Once you have brushed or exfoliated gently a few times, you can go a bit harder and deeper as your skin gets accustomed to it she adds.
“You can do this as often as you like, but once a day for brushing, once a week for a short mask or exfoliating and once a month for a deeper body wrap is a good guide,” Cheree said.
Try these 6 recipes at home:
1. Avocado seed and yoghurt scrub
- 2 avocado seeds (2 medium sized avocado seeds and dry them for a few days)
- 1 cup yoghurt
- Using a coffee grinder or thermomix, grind them until they look like almond meal.
- Mix with 1 cup yoghurt until it is well combined.
- Stand in your shower or bath to do this, as it’s pretty messy! Starting at your feet, work your way up
and scrub all over in gentle circles. You can wash off straight away or leave up to ten minutes.
2. Chocolate Oat Scrub
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- Mix everything together and scrub all over body.
3. Zesty rice flour scrub
- 1 tbsp dried grapefruit zest
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- Peel a grapefruit into small strips and dry the zest in a low oven.
- Mix with rice flour and oil. Scrub all over.
4. Sea Salt and oil scrub
- 2 cups sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 drops essential oils (grapefruit, peppermint, lemon, or pine)
- Mix the ingredients of the scrub together.
- Fill the bath tub to just above your ankles with warm water, stand in it and scrub all over with the mix.
- Sit in the water for five minutes before draining water and showering it off. Careful it may become slippery!
5. Coffee scrub
- 1 cup coffee grinds
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix everything together and scrub.
6. Herbal body wrap
*You need an old bed sheet cut into long strips for this.
- 2 cups fresh herbs (mint, rosemary, thyme)
- 1/2 cup lemon and grapefruit peel, dried
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place the herbs, dried peel and oil in a saucepan and place on low heat. Barely simmer to infuse it for 20-30mins, then drain. Soak the material strips in the oil.
- Remove the strips, one at a time, and wring the oil out of it.
- Start by massaging the excess oil all over your body, and then wrap yourself with the material strips, focusing on your upper legs and tummy if you haven’t got a lot.
- Lay on old towel down over somewhere you can lay down, place a blanket over you, and just lay down and relax for 10 minutes before removing strips.
- Leave the oil on your body for a day before showering if possible. Wash the strips and keep for next time.
- There are lots of different ways to have an indulgent spa day at home, and look after your skin. Check out your pantry and try one today.
See how Healthy Mummy Kristie, lost weight and banished her cellulite here!
Target cellulite with healthy eating!
You can also target cellulite through a healthy and balanced eating plan and exercise routine which is what our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is centred around.
For busy mums, the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is easily accessible and provides long-term results! With over 4,000 (customisable) recipes and 350 exercise videos you will never second guess what to make for dinner or what exercise to do again!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.