Woohoo! We now know what the top baby names in the country are!
Social research site McCrindle has published a report of the top 100 boys and girls names in Australia for 2017.
The top moniker for a boy is Oliver, and Charlotte for a girl. Oliver has hit the top spot for boys for three years in a row now. And Charlotte has been the number one girl name for two years on the trot.
“Around one in ten of Australia’s 300,000 babies born in the last year were given one of the Top 10 baby names. There were 2,145 boys named Oliver and 1,817 girls named Charlotte,” says the official report.
McCrindle suggests celebrity influences – such as Kourtney Kardashian’s daughter Penelope going from 62nd to 54th from last year – have influenced baby names this year, as well as royal monikers, a.k.a. Princess Charlotte and Prince George.
The report says there’s also been a surge of names with a botanic theme, such as Lily, Ivy, Daisy and Olive.
Top 100 Boy’ Names For 2017
Top Girls Baby Names For 2017
Meanwhile, check out The Most Popular Baby Names From The Last 100 Years.
If you’re looking for baby names based on a specific letter of the alphabet, then have a look at The Ultimate Alphabetical List Of Adorable Baby Names.
The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothies
*Please note that The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy range promotes healthy weight gain in pregnancy*
Are you currently pregnant? Then you should try our yummy Healthy Mummy Pregnancy smoothie.
Pregnant women need additional calories and nutrients in pregnancy and our Pregnancy Smoothie and Eating & Exercise Book have been specially formulated to help women reach these additional calorie and nutrient needs.
The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie is designed to complement, not replace, your prenatal vitamin intake. Our nutritionists ensured that the vitamins and minerals in the smoothie are at a low level so there is no risk of doubling up on any pregnancy vitamins.
It is ideal as a high-protein, high-calcium snack in pregnancy. You can download the Pregnancy Smoothie Label here.
To purchase yours, click here.
About The Pregnancy Smoothie
The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie is a convenient and easy supplementary food, designed to complement your existing pregnancy vitamins or supplements, to help you meet the extra protein, vitamin and mineral requirements during your pregnancy.
Please read below for all the information on the smoothie – you can also see the FAQ on the smoothie here.
The pregnancy smoothie is also free of all chemicals, fillers and artificial ingredients, has no fructose in, no added sugar and uses high quality dairy protein sourced from grass fed cows in New Zealand.
How Can The Pregnancy Smoothie Help?
- HEALTHY INCREASED CALORIES – Additional nutrients and calories are needed in pregnancy to support the mum and the baby – and the smoothie is a convenient and tasty way to increase your calories in pregnancy whilst nourishing your body.
- MORNING SICKNESS – If you are suffering from morning sickness and find eating food difficult – the smoothie is a great way to nourish your body with a easy to drink smoothie- it also contains ginger.
- TIREDNESS – If you are feeling exhausted, the smoothie is a nutrient dense snack high in protein, B vitamins and low constipation iron to help keep energy levels up.
- CONVENIENT- if you are struggling to find the time or energy to eat nutrient dense and healthy foods then the smoothie will be a great help. You could also have it as a quick breakfast by adding fruit, oats and vegetables to your smoothie to further increase calories.
- PROTEIN & CALCIUM – It is ideal as a high-protein, high-calcium snack in pregnancy with each smoothie giving you 30% of your protein needs
Nourish Your Body In Pregnancy
During pregnancy the nutritional demands on your body are greater in support of the growing baby along with alterations in maternal tissues and metabolism. The requirements of protein and nutrients, particularly folate, iodine, calcium, iron and zinc are higher.
During the second and third trimester additional protein is required for the growth of foetal, placental and maternal tissues, and estimated energy requirements are also higher.
Key Nutrients Needed For Pregnancy
The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie provides a Good Source of Vitamins & Minerals – providing extra nutrition, including protein, vitamins & minerals for expectant mums
- Folate – contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy. Consumption of at least 400mcg† per day, at least one month before & three months following conception may reduce the risk of fetal neural tube defects
- Vitamin B12 – necessary for normal cell division, neurological structure & function, & contributes to normal blood formation, which are important processes during pregnancy
- Calcium – necessary for normal teeth, bone structure, important for baby’s development
- Iodine, Phosphorous, Vitamin D & Vitamin B12 – contribute to normal growth & development, including that of the baby
- Vitamin C, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folate & Iron– contributes to the reduction of tiredness & fatigue, symptoms often experienced by expectant mums
- Protein – necessary for tissue building & repair, normal growth & development of bone & contributes to the growth of muscle mass
- Probiotics – contribute to gastrointestinal health & the maintenance of beneficial gastrointestinal microflora, which can benefit pregnant women
- Fibre – aids in regular bowel motions, which can become irregular during pregnancy.
You can download the Pregnancy Smoothie Label here.