Family gatherings are an important part of growing up, especially if your kids have cousins similar in age.
Most of us remember hanging out with our cousins at family barbecues or we may have even been lucky enough to live close by and even go to school, or be in the same class, as a relative.
In fact, cousins play a vital role in a child’s development and social interactions.
Here are 10 reasons why your kids need their cousins….
1. Cousins are your first best friends
Siblings are too – but cousins are like siblings that don’t annoy you as much! Plus, they’re more like a friend as you can have sleepovers at your cousin’s house!
2. You’ll always have someone to hang out with at family gatherings
It’s nice to have someone to hang out with at Great Aunt May’s annual family tea. Family gathering are so much better and less of a chore if your cousins are there when you’re younger.
3. It’s basically like having more siblings
This is great if you are an only child. If you only have a brother, you may have a female cousin or vice versa. It’s like having lots of siblings that you don’t have to share all your toys with all of the time!
4. It’s easier to make plans with cousins
If your parents are going to visit their siblings then it’s easy to make plans for playdates with your cousins.
5. You can share hand-me-downs
If you have a cousin that lives nearby, chances are you’ll have clothes for life!
6. You’ll always have someone to confide in
Kids are always going to complain about their parents, let’s face it. Having a cousin to vent to is always handy, as they will understand more where you’re coming from.
7. You’re connected for life
Like siblings, cousins are family. You share grandparents, aunts, uncles and other cousins. That’s super special.
8. You have more role models
Whether you’re the youngest or the oldest child in your family, chances are there will either be someone older than you or younger than you when you have cousins.
Things, like manners, can be learnt from older cousins. Exposure to more people is always a good thing when it comes to learning social cues.
9. You get to reminisce with cousins
Not many people get to see their friends on Christmas Day, but chances are, you’ll spend it with your cousins. This way, you make so many personal memories that you can look back on later in life.
10. Cousins love each other unconditionally
Friends often come and go as you grow up, but your cousins will be there from birth until adulthood. There may be bickers but they’ll resolve quickly because of those family connections.
Try our HEALTHY Kids Chocolate Smoothie!
The Healthy Kids Smoothie has been specially made as a healthy snack for kids and is ideal if you have fussy eaters or want to ensure your children have a nutritious and healthy smoothie snack.
It also has a 4.5 Health Star Rating when made with skim milk. It contains NO added sugars.
- The Healthy Mummy Kids Smoothie is rich in carbohydrates and protein and is natural energy packed smoothie made for kids.
- It contains 16 essential vitamins and minerals and when combined with milk, provides children with 50% of their Calcium RDI.
- It also contains probiotics needed for healthy guts and is free from fructose.
Connect with other like-minded women in our Healthy Mummy Community
When women support each other incredible things happen. With over 1.1 million like-minded mums who can offer daily support to the Healthy Mummy members our social footprint is LARGE!
All our private groups are moderated every hour by our professional staff, to ensure a safe and non-judgemental environment.
Join our huge communities with hundreds and thousands of mums just like you. We have lots of closed Healthy Mummy Facebook groups to suit you, including:
There are OVER 1.1 million mums across our social communities!!
Here are all our PRIVATE groups
- WEIGHT LOSS Support Group – this is our BIGGEST group with over 110,000 mums in
- 28 DAY CHALLENGE KICK START Support Group
- LOSING BIG NUMBERS Support Group
- PREGNANCY Support Group
- NEW MUMS Support Group
- FOOD LOVERS Support Group
- FASHION Support Group
- Our Consultant Support groups
Here are all our Facebook Public pages
- The Healthy Mummy Page – go here
- The New Mums Page – go here
- The Kids Page – go here
- The Cooking & Recipes Page – go here
- The Pregnancy Page – go here
- The Fitness Page – go here
- The New Mums Page – go here
- The Lose Baby Weight Page – go here
- The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Page – go here
Here are our Instagram and Pinterest pages
Find the right Healthy Mummy Community for you!