You might be surprised that ‘healthy’ and ‘banana split’ would be used in the same sentence – but it’s true!
We have not one but THREE ways to make this tasty dessert using healthy nutritious ingredients that will help you to lose pregnancy weight.
Check out these yummy dessert recipes below…
1. 5 Ingredient Choc Banana Split
Who knew you could make such a delicious banana split without ice cream, cream or added sugar? Thanks to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you can.
2. Breakfast Banana Split
Yes, that right – this one is so healthy that you could actually have it for breakfast! It’s a great recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for little fussy eaters who might enjoy combining the ingredients themselves to make it ‘just right.’
3. Not So Naughty Banana Split
This decadent-looking recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie. It makes enough for two, at 160 calories per serve.
Cassie says ‘Not only is this one delicious and super healthy but it’s packed full of natural protein! It’s also gluten free.’
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 square of dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp shredded coconut
- Cut banana in half lengthways and place one half into each bowl.
- Spread peanut banana along each slice of banana.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the banana and sprinkle with coconut to serve.