The Best Healthy 5 Ingredient Choc-Banana Split
Can you really make a deliciously nostalgic banana split without ice cream, cream or added sugar?
You most certainly can, thanks to our fabulous 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge team. They have put together a healthy version of an old-school favourite.
We love recipes like this that take something we love and give it a healthy twist. Use good quality dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) and some natural peanut butter (the kind that is just made from nuts only). Health food never tasted so good!
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 8 squares dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- Halve the banana lengthways.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta and vanilla.
- Place banana lengths on top of ricotta mixture.
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter separately in the microwave then drizzle over the top of the banana to serve.
Serves 4 people at 239 calories per serve
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.