5 ingredient savoury feta bites just 110 calories
Want to try something a bit different for your morning tea this week?
These delicious, savoury feta bites are easy to prepare and can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Made with just five main ingredients, you can make these in less than half an hour.
Thank you to Melinda Fitzgerald for sharing her photo of the Feta Bites. Melinda says she couldn’t wait to sample one fresh out of the oven!
Love feta? You’ll love the recipes in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Think Pumpkin and Feta Tart, Feta Scrambled Eggs and Pea & Feta Fritters.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 free-range eggs separated
- 1/3 cup reduced fat feta crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line 5 muffin tray holes with paper cases.
- Heat olive oil over a low heat in a saucepan. Add the leek and thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes or until leek starts to become golden.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further few minutes, until the balsamic has reduced, set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm. In a separate bowl give the yolks a whisk and add the crumbled feta and season with pepper. Now slowly fold through the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- Divide the leek and thyme mixture evenly into the base of each of the prepared muffin cases.
- Divide the egg batter evenly over the top of the leek mix in each muffin case.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until firm and allow them to cool in the muffin tray.
- One feta bite is one serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
110 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.