Lunchbox Friendly Apricot Coconut Cookies
These delicious nut free Apricot and Coconut Cookies are just 60 calories each. They are tasty without being too sweet, and are popular with adults as well as kids.
These cookies can be made with pantry cupboard staples, so you can easily whip up a batch on a Sunday night to enjoy throughout the week.
This recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, where we offer family friendly recipes that will help you lose weight.
Find out more about the challenge HERE. Challenge members have access to so many healthy and delicious biscuit recipes, including Walnut Choc Chip Cookies, Healthy ANZAC Biscuits and Lemon Chia Cookies.
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Blitz apricots until broken down and they form a sticky mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and blitz until combined.
- Place tablespoons of mixture onto tray and cook in the oven for 12 minutes, or until golden.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool then store in an airtight container.
60 calories per cookie