Apricot, peanut butter and oat slice
For a sweet and sticky slice that’s just perfect for afternoon tea, try this Apricot, Peanut Butter and Oat Slice.
The sweetness of the apricots and honey pairs well with the peanut butter and seeds to make a moorish yet healthy snack.
Snacks like this which contain fibre and protein help you feel full and satisfied until your next meal, so you’re less likely to overeat.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you’ll have access to healthy fruit breads, slices and cookies that the whole family will enjoy.
- 100 grams dried apricots
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 165C and line a 20cm x 20cm tray with baking paper.
- Blitz apricots until slightly broken down (into small pieces not to form a paste).
- In a bowl combine apricots, oats and pepitas and set aside.
- On the stovetop or in the microwave, heat honey, vanilla, coconut oil and peanut butter until it starts to bubble then remove from heat.
- Add both mixtures together and mix until well combined.
- Press into prepared tray and pop in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY in the tray then slice into 12 pieces.
- Can be stored in the pantry, fridge or freezer.
120 calories per slice
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
Our August Challenge is our METABOLISM BOOSTER CHALLENGE! The recipes on this Challenge have been specifically created by nutritionists to help you INCREASE your metabolism and help you shift stubborn fat.
The August Challenge STARTS SOON!
You can find out MORE about next month’s Challenge HERE.