5 Ingredient DELICIOUS Baked Honey Custard
The three words ‘only five ingredients’ are like music to the ears of busy mums, especially when it is in relation to a dessert!
This Baked Honey Custard is the perfect single serve dessert, but can also be converted into a bigger recipe for the whole family – AND it’s tastes AMAZING.
Enjoy it as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge as a healthy dessert.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk of choice 100 mls
- 1 tbsp honey 20 mls
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2.5 mls
- 1 free range egg 50 grams
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon 0.5 grams
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Beat the egg, vanilla extract and half of the cinnamon together lightly (don’t let the mix become too frothy).
- In a small saucepan add the milk (use a dairy free milk if required) and half of the honey, stirring to dissolve. Heat to just below boiling point then pour onto the egg mixture, stir to combine and then pour into a small ovenproof dish/ramekin per serve.
- Sit the ramekin in a baking dish and fill the dish with hot water to come half way up the sides of the ramekin.
- Place in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until set. The custard will still wobble slightly when removed from the oven but will firm up if you leave it to sit.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and honey.
210 calories per serve
For more incredible recipes like this one, join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.