Do you love Caramel and Banana? Then this is the Banana Energy Smoothie recipe for you! This tasty smoothie is made from the Premium Caramel Smoothie Mix and includes honey and chia seeds to make it thick and sweet. YUM!! What’s more, it’ll give you a boost of energy in the morning, is only 310 calories and takes five mins to whip up, making it a great breakfast option!
Full of HEALTHY Ingredients
Along with the quality meal replacement Premium Smoothie mix which is PACKED with nutrients, fibre and probiotics, this recipe also calls for a few other healthy ingredients.
- Chia Seeds. This little superfood not only can boost your digestion and metabolism, it’s also high in iron and Omega 3 making it a great addition to your diet. What’s more, it’s really high in fibre, which is so good for your digestive health and as well as making you feel full. You can purchase Chia seeds in black or white in most supermarkets and health food shops.
- Honey. For that hint of sweetness, honey is a great alternative to sugar as it’s relatively low GI and contains antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds which offer other health benefits. It’s worth opting for a high quality brand of raw honey that doesn’t have added syrup, or is filtered meaning its more likely to retain those health promoting properties.
- Bananas. Aside from containing healthy nutrients like potassium, they are full of fibre which means they’ll keep you fuller for longer.
Mums go Bananas for these Smoothie recipes!
Bananas are a super popular ingredient for a healthy smoothie and not just for the obvious nutrients. Using frozen bananas in your smoothie, gives it a lovely thick-shake consistency. If you love bananas in your smoothie, why not try the Banana and Blueberry breakfast Smoothie, or for a hit of chocolate with your banana, try the Healthy Banana Bliss Smoothie.
And for an extra energy boost!
If you struggle to get going in the morning or get sluggish in the afternoon and need a pick me up, try one of these energy boosting smoothies!
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has heaps of really yummy smoothie recipes that make an ideal meal replacement and can help you reach your health and weight loss goals.
Want more recipes like this? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.