Extra Energy Smoothie
There’s no doubt chocolate delivers an energy boost, but when you’re on a health or weight loss journey you need a healthier alternative to a block of Cadbury’s!
This extra-chocolatey smoothie contains extra energy-boosting ingredients and is a great breakfast option providing the perfect nutritional start to your day.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||0 minutes|
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix Chocolate 25g
- 1 tbsp chia seeds 15g
- ½ cup reduced fat coconut milk 125ml
- 1 cup water 250ml
- 1 tsp cacao/cocoa powder 4g
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
282 calories per serve
How will it boost energy?
Along with the Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix, which is packed with vitamins and mineral, this smoothie also contains some key energy boosting ingredients.
- Cacao contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which helps to increase energy levels, alertness, and concentration.
- Chia seeds have energy boosting properties and will help your body function at its best. It’s also really high in fibre, which is so good for your digestive health and as well as making you feel full.
- Coconut milk contain medium chain triglycerides which are healthy fats, which promote weight loss by decreasing appetite and increasing energy.
More Energy Boosting Smoothies
If you need a kick start in the morning, or a pick me up in the afternoons, try one of these awesome energy boosting smoothie options.