Blueberry & Vanilla Pancakes
Feeding your family delicious and nutritious meals can be tough – especially when trying to lose baby weight. As busy mums ourselves, no one understands this better than us. So, we’ve made it easy with our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
With blueberries and yoghurt, these pancakes are a healthy version of a breakfast favourite, sure to make you feel great and give you plenty of energy.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- 1 free-range eggs 50 grams
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk of choice 87.5 mls
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour 60 grams
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt 20 grams
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2.5 mls
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil 5 mls
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen (120 grams)
- 2 tbsp water 40 mls
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice 2.5 mls
- 1 tsp flaked almonds 4 grams
- Whisk together egg, milk, flour, yoghurt, vanilla and oil.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over a medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup measure of the batter in the pan at a time. After 1-2 minutes, when the batter starts to bubble on top, flip the pancake over and cook on the other side for another minute or two until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes are cooked.
- While pancakes are cooking, place the blueberries in a microwave-safe dish with water and microwave on high until the berries have collapsed and liquid has reduced and become syrupy. Stir through lemon juice.
- Pour blueberry syrup over pancakes to serve and top with flaked almonds.
452 calories per serve