Special Chicken and Prosciutto Tray Bake
Who doesn’t love a one dish recipe, that takes only 5 minutes to prepare, but is packed with flavour and healthy too?! This delicious Chicken and Prosciutto Tray Bake from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge ticks all those boxes!
This recipe is simple enough to make as a mid week or weekend family meal, but it’s also special enough to take centre stage at a festive occasion or special family or friend gathering like Christmas.
The chicken and prosciutto marry perfectly together served with flavour filled rice, veggies and sweet sultanas.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- cooking oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 600 grams chicken tenderloins
- 100 grams prosciutto
- 2 tsp garlic crushed
- 1 red oinion finely diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place rice in a deep baking dish with stock. Cover with foil and cook for 30minutes.
- Meanwhile, wrap the chicken in prosciutto and set aside.
- After the rice has been cooking for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and stir through the garlic, onion, corn, peas and sultanas.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked through, serve rice and chicken tenders on a large serving platter.
- This recipe serves 6. Store any cooled leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
The recipe is 475 calories per serve
Want access to thousands of family friendly healthy meals like this one? Be sure to check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Are you after more healthy recipes that the rest of the family won’t turn their noses up at? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our meal plans and recipes use REAL ingredients and healthier food alternatives so you can enjoy what you are eating and see weight loss results.
You can learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.