Delicious Chicken, Coriander, Avocado and Lime Pasta
Have you got some leftover cooked chicken to use in a simple dinner recipe? Or even go vegetarian and leave out the meat altogether – it’s up to you.
This pasta recipe gives you everything you love about pesto without the calories.
The creaminess of the avocado is the base for some amazing flavours which come from the garlic, coriander and lime. Another delicious pasta recipe
Serve it hot for dinner and then enjoy it as a delicious cold lunch the next day.
Avocado is a versatile fruit that not only tastes great but also has many health benefits.
The fibre in avocado helps to keep you fuller for longer; it contains folate which is great for heart health as well as for pregnant women who need folate for their unborn child.
- 300 g raw pasta of your choice
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded, optional
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp natural or Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cook pasta according to the instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Peel your avocado and remove the seed.
- Blend in a food processor with the coriander, lime juice, yoghurt and garlic until it’s creamy.
- Season to taste and add to the pasta along with the chicken, if using.
- Toss the pasta to coat with the sauce and serve sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 395.
For more healthy recipes like this, why not join thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?