Yummy spring chilli prawn pad Thai
Here’s a healthy and easy to make meal directly from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – that will save you money (and calories) as opposed to having it from the take out menu.
You can also alter this meal to suit you and your family. You may want to mix it up by using tofu, pork, beef or chicken instead of the prawns, then using whatever vegetables you have at home.
The chilli in this recipe is a great flavour boost, and has been shown to be a metabolism boosting food. Feel free to omit if serving to little people.
And if you LOVE this – check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here with over 4,000 recipes
- 200 g rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 400 g peeled prawns
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped (to taste)
- 1 large brown onion diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 lemon quartered, to serve
- 1/4 cup peanuts to serve
- Cook the rice noodles according to the packet directions.
- Heat a frying pan over med/high heat and spray with olive oil.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and spread over the pan to cover the base.
- Use a spatula to roll the egg into a cylinder, like an omelette. When cooked, set aside and cut into 8 pieces.
- Now heat the tablespoon of oil in the same pan.
- Add the garlic, onion, chilli (if using) and prawns, and cook until the prawns are slightly golden.
- Add the rest of the vegetables. Pour in half a cup of water and pop the lid on to steam the vegetables for several minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the oyster sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and the cooked noodles.
- Mix well until combined.
- Place into four bowls and add the cooked egg, peanuts and lemon wedges.
Recipe serves 4 people at 299 calories per serve.
Want to take the guesswork out of what to cook for dinner? Join the next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge where you are given recipes for healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks each day. This delicious recipe comes directly from one of our challenge menus.