Deliciously gooey self-saucing chocolate pudding recipe
For a delicious and indulgent dessert, this Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding Recipe will be a massive hit.
Even if you are trying to lose weight or are following a healthy eating plan, you can still enjoy treats like this – just make them yourself so you know they’re full of good things.
This deliciously gooey chocolate self-saucing pudding is a sneak peek recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- cooking oil spray
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao/cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 chopped prunes pitted
- 1 free range egg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- Lightly spray 8 individual ramekins with cooking oil spray. Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of cocoa/cacao powder, the baking powder, ¼ cup of coconut sugar and the prunes.
- Add the egg, milk, oil and vanilla and stir to combine. Divide batter evenly between each prepared ramekin.
- Mix the remaining coconut sugar with remaining cocoa/cacao powder and sprinkle this evenly over the pudding batter in each ramekin.
- Using the back of a spoon to pour onto first, carefully pour the boiling water evenly over each pudding, approximately 2 tablespoons of water per pudding.
- Place puddings in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through. One pudding is one serve.
Serves 8, 175 calories per serve.
Need more chocolate or dessert recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to access over 4,000 recipes.
You could also buy our Guilt-Free Chocolate Treats & Baking Cookbook HERE.