Cranberry, coconut and puffed rice muesli bars
Homemade muesli bars are a great snack for afternoon tea.
Unlike muesli bars from the supermarket, these are packed with healthy ingredients such as grains, seeds, good fats and nuts (not sugar and bad fats).
Make these nut free by replacing the peanut butter with tahini instead.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you’ll have access to other healthy bars and slices, such as Cinnamon Nut Slice and Banana Ginger Loaf.
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup puffed rice
- 1/4 cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray and set aside.
- Combine oats, puffed rice, pepitas, cranberries, coconut and cinnamon and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil, peanut butter, honey and vanilla on stove top or in microwave until it comes to a slight boil then remove from heat.
- Combine both mixtures and mix well.
- Press into pan and bake for 14 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY then slice into 10 bars.
- Store in an airtight container.
140 calories per bar.
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.