Gluten free cauliflower bread just 95 calories
Yes you read that correctly – 95 calorie cauliflower bread! We were so excited when 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Sandra Stocker sent us this fantastic recipe that we just had to share it right away.
Sandra says you can use this ‘bread’ for a sandwich, as a pizza base, as a side dish to dunk into soups, curries or casseroles, or even just as a snack on its own.
We would love to pair this Cauliflower Bread with some of the fantastic meals on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
It would go well with the Veggie Baked Beans, Spicy Pumpkin Soup, or Yellow Chicken Curry.
It’s a great way to get some extra veggies into your diet. We would love to hear how you use yours! Find out more about the challenge HERE.
- 1/2 large head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp almond meal or hazelnut meal
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder gluten free if required
- 1/2 tsp dry mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp chives
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the cauliflower by blitzing it in a food processor (or grating it) until it resembles rice. You need 3 cups of cauliflower rice for this recipe, so use more or less cauliflower until you have 3 cups.
- Preheat oven to 210C. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, eggs, almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, paprika, chives and mixed herbs. Season to taste.
- Mix with a large spoon until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Grease a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Divide mixture into 4. Press down on the mixture with the palm of your hand and then spread and shape to form 4 round discs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden and cauliflower breads are completely cooked.
- Use a thin spatula to gently loosen the bottoms of the cauliflower breads, and allow to cool on a wire rack slightly before serving.
95 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.